doooo nut or doughy sugary heaven fried nut? meh.
you say tomato and i say tomato...
What was supposed to be just an ordinary innocent vanilla cupcake... became so much more...
If the police force got a whiff of this donut goings on, and spied this recipe, They'd get their s.w.o.t team in on the double to swoop in on this batch of healthified doughnut cakey goods. They taste so good it should be criminal. So arrest me, but don't confiscate my baked goods. please. any thing but that.
I burrowed in to the sponge, filled up each cake with jam and popped their hats back on...
- 1/2c oat flour [ground in a blender from oat groats or steel cut oats]
- 1/2c rice flour
- 3T coconut flour
- 1/3csuger substitute like spender granulated sweetener.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fat free vanilla / plain yoghurt
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1/2t salt
- 1t baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180*C +line muffin tin with papers.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the oat flour, sweet rice flour, coconut flour, sweetener, salt + baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and yoghurt.
- Stir wet into dry, until combined. Do not over stir. It will look slightly lumpy.
- pour or spoon the batter to your pan leaving a little room at the top.
- Bake for 18-22min.
- Test with a toothpick for doneness doughyness. You want a slightly moist toothpick. Not gooey but not bone dry. The tops of the donut should be golden brown and it will spring back when you press it lightly.
- Let them cool in the pan for 5min then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- when cooled, using a knife cut out the center of the cupcake and spoon in a teaspoon of jam and or butter cream. place 'lid' back on and pipe on swirls vanilla frosting.
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of no fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-fat milk
ohhhh I really want a donut pan now!