Thursday 6 October 2011

PEANUT BUTTER NUTTY CUPS.

I remember my first ever encounter with a reeses PB cup. It may have infact the first time I think I had had peanut butter to boot... a big day in history indeed.

It was the summer of 2005, I was still a obsessive skateboarder and spent every single day skating and hanging out in the heat with my best buddies.  It was also in this summer I first layed eyes on Mr Bake n Beebz.  Everytime I bite into a chocolate nutty butter filled treat, im sent zooming back to the funniest, innocent and happiest days of my youth. This one goes out to saggy jean, brace wearing 16 year old Alice.
I may not skate anymore (although Id get the urge every now and then.)  I still, and will always love chocolate and sweets haha!
PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
  • 50g peanut butter
  • 25g confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 150g chocolate of choice
  1. Mix together peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl until smooth and well-combined. Taste and adjust sugar and salt as necessary. Set bowl in fridge to chill. 
  2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 20-second bursts until smooth and shiny. Drop teaspoonfuls of the melted chocolate evenly into prepared mini cases, reserving half of the remaining chocolate. Place  in fridge until chocolate is firm, up to 30 minutes. 
  3. Once chocolate is firm, remove from fridge and remove peanut butter mixture . Top chocolate cups with teaspoonfuls of the peanut butter , pressing mixture down with your finger to smooth out. Top peanut butter with teaspoonfuls of the remaining melted chocolate. Return to fridge and chill until peanut butter cups are set. 
These are so easy to make, and all packaged up would be great as a foodie gift.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I love pb cups, I think home made ones are even better than Reeces!

    ReplyDelete