Monday 24 October 2011

Gluten Free Pumpkin whoopie pies with marshmallow cream filling.


 That fluff has a mid of its own... reminds me of all that flowing marshmallow stuff in Ghost Busters...
 
( I have always wanted to be the stay puff marshmallow man at halloween... gonna have to get thinking about costumes stat.)
Whooopieeee It's half term holiday! (about bloody time) With my cupboards nicely stocked up pumpkin and With halloween around the corner I thought I'd get baking. Really missed my Bake n Beebz down time in the kitchen lately.
 Ive always wanted to bake whoopie pies, its always been on my baking to do list, but something else always just beats it to the oven and I have just never got around to actually doing it. They always seemed like such a good idea as the top of cupcakes/ muffins aaaand the frosting is ALWAYS the best and my favourite bit.
So armed with some left over  gf cake box mix, canned pumpkin and my spatula I got to work.
 Its pretty obivious now i am pretty mildly obessed with cinnemon spices and pump combo, Instead of making the box mix up with the oil and eggs called for i just spooned in the pumpkin for a low fat whoopie. whoooooopiiieeeeeeee...
 PUMPKIN SPICE WHOOPIE PIES WITH MARSHMALLOW CREAM FILLING.
(lower fat/calories version)
Makes 6 large whoops

Ingredients
  •  GF cake box mix (I use Mrs Crimbles sponge mix)
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger 
  • marshmallow fluff for filling.
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
  3. whisk egg white into to pumpkin mixture. Blending well.
  4. Add box mixture.  and Blend well with whisk on high speed.
  5. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto parchment paper/baking sheet with 2 inchest between cookies. Flatten out batter with wet spatula.(for even whoopies)
  6. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from parchment paper.
  7. Once cool dollop one piece with marshmallow and sandwich together with another pie top.
  8. decorate accordingly.
 I opted for spooky pumpkins, pretty frightening huh? Scared myself a little with each bite.

2 comments: