Nothing goes better with carrot cake than rich creamy frosting, I lightened it all up and I used Alpro soya yohurt in stead of full fat cream cheese and it worked incrediably well. I was sent some coupons by the people Alpro to try out some of there products. oh my, from my first spoonful of this soya yoghurt I was hooked! I absolutely adore it, its thick and creamy and revolutionized my breakfast!
Ingrediants makes 8 bars
3 medium carrots grated
1/2 cup applesauce (I used homemade)
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup chestnut flour
1 egg white or 1tsp of flaxseed
1/4 cup granulated sweetener
1/4 cup plain GF flour mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp groound ginger
1tsp pumpkin spice or all spice
1tsp xanthum gum1tsp gluten free baking powder.
(plus your choice of add ins...candied ginger
1/4 cup Alpro soya yogurt
2 tsp cup icing sugar or 1tsp honey
1 tsp xanthum gum.
Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- In a large mixing bowl add sugars, egg and applesauce, mix and thoroughly whisk up a until light an fluffy.
- stir in grated carrot, ginger pieces, raisins and walnuts.
- sift flour, gum, baking powder and spices and cinnamon.
- carefully fold batter until combined
- spoon mixture in to a baking tin and smooth down. Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Add gum and choice of sweetener to soya yogurt and thoroughly mix it together until it thickens, spread on to one bar and top with another slice of cake. for a finishing touch, drizzle with icing.