BLACKBERRY AND APPLE MUFFINS
MAKES 6 (large)
1 pot of Alpro Blackberry soya yogurt
1/4 cup Splenda/ granulated sweetener
1 cup blackberries
1 egg white/ 1 tsp flax seed
1 medium cooking apples cooked and pureed
1 medium apple finely chopped
1 tsp vanilla flavouring
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup gluten-free flour mix
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg)
3/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients... flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine the following ingredients... pureed apple, Alpro yogurt pot, sweetener, vanilla extract, and egg.
5. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold the mixture. DO NOT OVERMIX.
6. Add the berries and chuncks of apple and fold gently.
7. Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners.
8. Place the muffins in the oven for 16-18 minutes.