My stash of peanut flour is very, very precious... I can't find Peanut flour anywhere in the UK and don't get me started on shipping costs from the US. My stash is so much of a valuable commodity, I hid it. I hid it from myself and my grubby baking mitts and forgot all about it. In fact, its been left untouched for months. It struck me to finally use it this morning, Whilst working out what four would be best for a GF banana loaf... so with great pain and a heavy heart, I added the flour to the mix and stirred up a revelation.
This banana bread is light, fluffy and delicately flavoured. just the right sweetness and a hint of peanut. Perfect with some chocolate PB for afternoon tea. The loaf is high in fibre, low carb and high protein. If you dont have and peanut flour I reckon it would work well with coconut flour too.
GLUTEN FREE PEANUT FLOUR BANANA BREAD.
3/4 cup peanut flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbs cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs or 1 tsp flaxseed mix
1/4 cup sweetener
1 tbsp Agave or honey (optional)
3 tbsp milk
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
(optional add ins I used some 2 tbsp of Seeds,, but you could add nuts, shredded coconut or chocolate chips...)
Its so, so easy to make...
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 F.
- Mix all the flours and dry ingredients together in bowl
- Puree (or mash) bananas, whisk in eggs and honey.
- Add wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour into a 8-by-4 inch baking loaf pan. (A 9-by-5 will create a more short, squat loaf like mine!) Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in it comes out clean.