I whipped up some special cupcakes for a special occasion! These Anniversary Cupcakes tasted rich and decadent but aren't too naughty for the waistline... oh and there vegan aaaaaand Gluten Free. Its a miracle.
I did a little experimenting first....lab coat on and electric whisk plugged in. For my first recipe trial, I used chickpea gram flour and adapted a Babycakes recipe. For the second batch I used only rice flour. The Babycakes recipe was very fudgey, I could just taste gram flour and didn't rise too well but...
Ingredients- makes 10 cupcakes
110g rice flour
35g potato flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
100 ml coconut oil (melted)
100 ml applesauce
150 ml agave nectar
110 ml hot water
- Pre heat oven to 170 degrees C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl sift all dry ingredients and mix.
- in a jug or bowl combine the wet ingredients and slowly pour into dry ingredients whilst electric mixer is on slow.
- whisk until mixture is smooth, pour or spoon into cases.
- bakes for 15- 18 minutes.
- allow to cool then frost and sprinkle those babies!
what have you baked lately?
Have you ever tried vegan or gluten free baked goods?