I have also enjoyed the Home time... the satisfied feeling of completing a full days work walking Bobbin then collapsing on the sofa for the evening with dinner and some trash t.v.
Last night on my walk home all i could think about was a cuppa english tea and a buttery biscuit to dunk...
Gluten free Orange and Cranberry nutty biscuits.
I used a recipe from one of my new gluten free cookery books!
I reduced and adapted the printed recipe using polenta and ground almonds as the base. this biscuits packed alot of flavour. (oh and i accidentally used GF bread flour which sorta affected the crunch... but its the flavour that counts right....RIGHT....just make sure you wake up a bit and read the packaging)
1/4 cup polenta
3 tbsp ground almonds
2 tsp gluten free flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp melted margarine
1/2 tsp orange essense
2 tsp dried cranberries
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper or spray with oil. place polenta, almonds, flour and powders in a bowl.
- Pour in essence, honey and butter and bring together, mix in cranberries and combine until a dough ball in formed.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 180 C/ 350 F
- Roll out dough and cut out rounds and place them onto the prepared tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from tray and transfer to cooling rack...
- Boil kettle... make hot beverage of choice... and get dunkin'