Whilst doing the weekly shop, strolling around my supermarket, I came across, to my delight gluten free amaretto biscuits, snapped the packet up and ran home, nibbled a few then it hit me, I realised ... i wanted pudding.... a real pudding. so i present to you my mini gluten free baked cheesecakes! using no/low fat cream cheese makes thsi tastey treat guilt free and my sensitive tummy very happy.
the fresh chopped cherries and creamy vanilla filling go hand in hand with the sweet almond biscuits.
nutrional info here!
Mini Baked Amaretto Cherry Cheesecake
- 12 Amaretto Biscuts crushed (2 per case)
- 200g non fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powder/granulated sweetener
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped fresh cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. line a cupcake tray with 6 paper cases, in each case crumble finely 2 amaretto biscuits
2. in a bowl whish egg whites until soft peaked and fluffy. set aside.
3. in another bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla extract and sweetner mix until combined and then add cherries.
4. carefully fold in egg whites and spoon mixture into the individual cases.
5. bake at 180C / 350F for 20 mintues. remove from tray and cool on rack.
6. once completely cool place in fridge until chilled. dust with icing sugar to serve.