Me and Beebz excitedly and tearfully watched the Royal wedding this morning, curled up and cosy on the sofa. I was very much looking forward to the whole event and eagerly awaited the bride and her dress, Its probably because I'm a twenty something year old female, as I'm not particularly a fan of the monarchy, but I was captivated by the whole pomp, splendor and ceremony of the whole event. There was something romantic and genuine about the grand union of Prince Charming and and Ms Middleton. She looked every bit the elegant princess. Jealous!
Whilst the hymns did drag on they were a convenient way to zip in the kitchen and bake up my own wedding cake...
Red, White and Blueberry Sandwich Cake.
I wanted to make a cake to celebrate a British occasions and honored the union jack colours.
- 1 cup Fat free yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Strawberry jam and simple a simple icing to decorate.
- Preheat oven to 180/ 350.
- Line loaf tin with parchment paper or grease and flour pan.
- Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into the batter.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake after a few minutes and let it finish cooling on a rack.
- Cut cake in half and spread jam onto one side. place side back together.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and water pour the glaze over the cake.
Going to pour my self a cuppa, cut my self a slice and enjoy the rest of this regal day. Rule Britannia!