Tuesday 8 March 2011

HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!!

THIS IS MY KINDA NATIONAL DAY. Its also national woman's day but my sweet tooth and fluffy pancakes are more important than my equality rights.

Healthified American style peanut butter and nana pancakes
I don't know why I never make pancakes they tasted unbelievably naughty but have pretty much the same nutritional values as my usual morning bowl of oatmeal. They are a bit more of a faff admittedly.

1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 cup oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt  
1 tsp sweetner
3/4 c. skim milk  
2 egg whites

stackin' em high!
  •  pour ingrediants into a big bowl, sieve in flour and baking powder and mix it all up!
  • spoon batter in to pan over a lowish medium heat.
  • once batter bubble and sides are coked flip em fluffy thangs over and fry the other side.
  • Pile em high and serve with your choice of topping!
I had mine with grilled banana and drowned in a peanut butter and honey drizzley syrup. tasted caramelly and nutty!


Peanut butter syrup
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp skimmed milk powder
1 and a bit tbsp of water
  • mix up all the above until youve reached a smooth syrupy consistancy and pour over pancakes. eat immediatly!  (I messed around taking photos for too long so they got a bit cold!)
Makes 8 pancakes enough for two grown ups plus an extra small one for a beebz.
bob's P cake.
After all of that sugar, me and beebz headed out into the chilly sunshine.
For the first time it feels as though spring is springing! all the daffodils and flowers were in bloom in the park!
headed for the sea and had a walk/run about on the beach.



2 comments:

  1. Stone cold pancakes because someone likes to take 45 pictures of them stacked high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I had pancakes for breakfast too (and with banana)! They didn't look as good as these though so I might have to try this recipe! I would have to half it though - else i'd eat the whole recipe. Ha.

    ReplyDelete